Hot Spot Healthy Recipes
Click on the links above to read & download recipes.
Hot Spot Healthy Cooking Tips
- Use fresh, local, organic produce. (Click here to download our Organic Shopping Guide for a list of foods that are best purchased organic.)
- Use meat as a flavoring for a dish, rather than making it the “star”. Buy organic pasture-raised, grass-fed meat when possible.
- Use herbs and spices to flavor recipes, rather than lots of salt and butter. Experiment with some that you haven’t used before—the internet is a great resource for finding out how to use new herbs & spices.
- Use filtered water when a recipe calls for water.
- Boiling or poaching is best to preserve the nutrients in eggs; second-best is scrambled.
- Remember not to overcook vegetables. Lightly steaming, gently roasting, or just eating raw are preferred methods.
- Toss together different colors of vegetables to arouse your eyes and taste buds.
- Use first cold pressed olive oil in salads and when drizzling over other foods.
- Use safflower or coconut oil for cooking at higher heat.
We’d love to have any favorite Hot Spot Healthy, or Akea Smoothie recipes, that you’d like to share with the BluePrint community. Check out the Community at theblueprintforlife.com!