Probiotics & Enzymes
Akea contains plant-based digestive enzymes and 6 billion live probiotic cells in every daily serving to strengthen gut health and overall wellness.
ENZYMES: Amylase, Lipase, Lactase + Protease
- Amylase is a digestive enzyme that helps the body to digest carbohydrates. Amylase supplementation is generally prescribed in conditions of chronic pancreatitis, diabetic ketoacidosis, pancreatic pseudocysts, other damages to the pancreas, pancreatic cancer, kidney disease/failure and toxemia during pregnancy.
- Lipase is a fat splitting enzyme which aids in the digestion, storage and distribution of fat.
- Lactase is an important enzyme for the proper digestion of dairy. It is an effective support for digestive imbalances as well as helps reduce gas and bloating. Studies have also shown an improvement in digestive upset in children with autism.
- Protease is a digestive enzyme that assists the body in processing proteins. Protease supplements may also be used for internal cleansing purposes for general overall health benefits.
- helps support the cardiovascular system
- may help improve blood flow
- supports platelet aggregation levels already within the normal range
PROBIOTICS: B. Bifidum, B. Breve, B. Longum, L. Salivarius, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus, L. Casei, L. Paracasei, L. Plantarum + L. Rhamnosus
- acts as a catalyst for vitamin synthesis, improved immunity and digestion, alcoholic liver restoration and diarrhea treatment
- transforms sugars in lactic acid thus decreasing intestinal pH levels
- helps to prevent harmful bacteria such as E. coli from colonizing the digestive tract
MINERALS: Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Potassium
- Akea contains cultured minerals for maximum absorption. Dietary minerals are the foundational source of bone structure and energy production of practically every biologic process in the body. Nutrient minerals are formed through ‘biogeochemical’ processes requiring micro-organisms to make them biologically available. Akea utilizes biogeochemical processing through fermentation, making its minerals uniquely bio-available.